BDSc, MDSc, FRACDS, MRACDS, Dip (Sedation & Pain Control)
Dr Chinh is a Board Certified Specialist Paediatric Dentist. He is a member of:
- The Australian Dental Association
- The Australian and New Zealand Society of Pediatric Dentistry
- Australasian Academy of Paediatric Dentistry
- A Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Dental Surgeons.
- He has also obtained his Diploma in Conscious Sedation and Pain control at Westmead Hospital.
Dr Chinh Nguyen graduated from the University of Western Australia with a Bachelor of Dental Science in 1992. He completed a further 3 years of intensive specialty training in Paediatric Dentistry at the University of Sydney in 1997. He is well versed in:
- Treatment of medically compromised and special needs children
- Management of developmental and growth issues, as they relate to the mouth, jaw, face, and head
- Treatment of children under anesthesia and sedation
- Management of preventive and invasive oral care of children
- Management of dental trauma
- Orthodontic care
- Child psychology and Childhood development
Dr Chinh founded Specialist Kids Dentist in 1998 and believes strongly in a preventative approach to dentistry combined with the most up-to-date science and technology. He treats very young children, those with special needs (ADHD, autism), and kids with complex dental issues. The relationships he develops with his patients and their families are the best part of his work. His aim is for patients to enjoy their visits and develop a healthy relationship with dentistry.
Dr Chinh is past president of Australian and New Zealand Society of Paediatric Dentistry NSW. He is also very passionate in his role as Dental Team Leader with a charity organisation, AHHA (Australian Health Humanitarian Aid) and has occupied this role for the last 11 years. He travels annually to Vietnam and Cambodia where he treats disabled children from the poor villages and orphanages and educates local dentists.
Being a busy parent of 3 teenagers and an active Swiss Shepherd, he understands the dynamic nature of family life and tries to make himself available for his patients whenever problems arise. In his spare time, Dr Chinh is a keen aquarist and loves to travel.
Contact us or visit us at one of our clinics in Liverpool or Summer Hill. We are open from 9:30-5:30PM Monday to Friday. Our friendly team eagerly await your call and will be happy to schedule you an appointment as soon as you’re available. Make sure to ask about the child’s dental benefits scheme and how your health fund can benefit your kid.